Friday, July 1, 2011

Beads for Classroom Management?

I got these beads at a garage sale from a former first grade teacher.  She told me she used them as rewards for her students when they exhibited positive behavior.  She said they would have a big ceremony at the end of the week and the kiddos would string the beads on a necklace at that time.

I would love to use these, but I'm having a hard time thinking of how.  Someone online said that she used them as rewards in her classroom and when the students got so many beads, they got to take the necklace home. I just don't see that reward being exciting all year long.  

Does anyone else have any suggestions?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

2 comments:

  1. If you have a treasure box maybe they could trade 10 beads for a trip to the treasure box or something like that. Then they aren't going to the treasure box as often (so you aren't having to stock it up as much) and you can reuse the beads all year. Just an idea.
    F is For First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. I'm always looking for ways to s-t-r-e-t-c-h my treasure box. Thanks! And thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete